Senior Registered Nurse - Oncology
4 days left
- Job Type
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package , training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field.
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse.
- Post registration relevant clinical course desirable.
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge of acute medical / surgical / orthopaedic nursing.
- Ability to perform venepuncture and cannulation skills.
- Able to perform Electro-cardiograms.
- Ability to interpret results to a level at which the need to escalate is known.
- Must be willing to learn and be assessed as competent, in the aforementioned skills
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver and maintain high standards of nursing care within the clinical areas.
- Uphold professional levels of conduct and assist in the development of evidence based nursing practice within the department.
- To provide healthcare assistants with leadership and support on a day to day basis.
- To operationally manage the treatment rooms and other clinical areas on a day to day basis, referring to the Outpatients Services Manager as required.
- To contribute to excellence in clinical and customer care.
- To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs.
- Provide an experienced nurse role in the care of all patients attending the hospital regardless of location within the hospital.
- To develop a sound knowledge of multi-agency working and put systems in place for successful referral and liaison.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.