Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration or equivalent with anaesthetic and recovery room qualifications & competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- ENB 998 and/or equivalent mentorship course (desirable)
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- ALS/ILS trained and competent
Duties of this role include:
- Provide skilled quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- To support, co-ordinate and actively assist in the clinical leadership of the anaesthetic Team, providing a level of clear expertise to support best practice.
- To lead the theatre team, when required, in the absence of the Theatre Manager.
- To ensure that high standards of patient care and safety are consistently maintained at all times
- To consistently work in accordance with National and Corporate policies and procedures
Assist in the delivery of patient care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.