1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Sandringham Hospital in Kings Lynn is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff in the nursing department.
This is a part time role for 1.75 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered practitioner (RN, RODP)
- A teaching / mentorship qualification / ENB 998 or equivalent- i.e. Train the Trainer session with Lead TP / Clinical Educators
- Demonstrated Interest in transfusion practice
- Competent in the key transfusion practice skills. (Pre transfusion blood sampling, collection from blood fridge, administration of components.) Where this is not the case, such as pre transfusion sampling, they should be able to delegate and support the nominated assessor for this skill.
- Successful completion of Learnbloodtransfusion e-learning programme
Duties of this role include:
- The TLP will be required to promote safe and appropriate transfusion practice within BMI The Sandringham.
- Working with the Lead Transfusion Practitioner and Regional Education Trainers, the TLP will be responsible for the co-ordination of education for nursing, medical and multi-disciplinary staff in the management of patients receiving blood.
- The TLP will be responsible for undertaking assessment of competence in transfusion
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.