Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
3 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their Anaesthetics team in the Theatres department.
Within the BMI Ridgeway hospital there are 3 theatres which use high standard equipment and up to date techonology. In one of the theatres there is a state of the art Stryker Navigational Suite, which is a completely integrated computer assisted surgery solution with a ceiling mounted camera. We have also acquired the use of the O-ARM which is a 3-Dimentional surgical imaging platform that is used for spinal surgery providing real time intra operative imaging of patient anatomy with high quality images and a large field of view in both two and three dimensions.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. Both Full time and part time hours are available.We are also based in a great location close to many attractions and local amenities.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.