Senior Staff Nurse Trainer - Neuro-Rehab - Birmingham
- Job Type
Position - Senior Staff Nurse Trainer - Neuro-Rehab - Birmingham
Ref - STYRS34
Salary -£30,000- 32,000
Hours - Full Time- 38.5 Hrs.- Permanent
My client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Staff Nurse with Training qualifications to join their specialist neurological rehabilitation team in Birmingham, providing intensive assessment and rehabilitation for a spectrum of neurological conditions including acquired brain injury, spinal injury and stroke, alongside longer-term support for individuals with progressive neurological conditions such as Huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and Parkinson's disease.
Their Senior Nurses are key in the delivery of clinical excellence to their residents. As a Senior Nurse the successful candidate will be able to make important decisions affecting the health and welfare of the residents and guests, providing leadership and guidance to their nursing and rehabilitation teams.
Exercise general and professional supervision of nursing and care staff on shift.
Lead and work with nursing and care staff to ensure a high standard of care for residents and guests.
Assist with recruitment and selection in the absence of the Clinical Services Manager.
Oversee induction and performance reviews of staff and assist with staff training as required.
Monitor performance and assist in identifying training and development needs in accordance with laid down requirements.
Assist in resolving grievances and disciplinary matters in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
Supervise rehabilitation care pathways according to pre-set goals and care plans.
Supervise nursing and care activities according to pre-set care plans.
Ensure the updating and adaptation of rotas as necessary to ensure adequate cover in the nursing and care team, keeping within allocated staff establishment hours.
* Registered member of NMC
* Ability to make important decisions affecting the health and welfare of the residents and guests.
* Ability to make decisions, in line with policy and guidance, regarding the day-to-day operation of the centre in the absence of the senior management team.
* Significant professional post-qualification experience.
* Staff management.
* Communication Skills.
* Spinal Injury experience is essential
* To undertake this role you will be required to hold a current and valid registration with the NMC
* Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
* Neuro Disability experience
* Neuro Rehabilitation experience
* Organisational skills
* Budget management skills
* Neuro Disability experience
* Competence in working with Microsoft office, including PowerPoint.
* Competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience.
* 25 days annual leave (with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days)
* Death in service - lump sum of 4 times basic salary.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Free eye tests and VDU glasses.
* Where applicable staff will be provided with the required amount of free uniforms.
* Pension scheme.
* Professional fee re-imbursement.
* A wide range of fully or part-funded professional learning and development opportunities from the moment you join.
Key Words: Senior, Staff Nurse, Trache, Lead, RGN
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to Sam.A-
Apply for Senior Staff Nurse Trainer - Neuro-Rehab - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly