Staff Nurse Dialysis Clinics - Eastbourne
Job Title - Staff Nurse - Dialysis Clinics - Eastbourne
Ref - ZASENST
Salary - £22k - £25k depending on experience
Hours - 37.5 hrs per week
My client is currently looking for Staff Nurses to provide safe, high quality nursing care to patients undergoing dialysis at their Eastbourne Clinic.
The Staff Nurse will develop and promote good working relationships between my client and the NHS. My client runs Dialysis Clinics that treat predominately NHS referrals.
For this position you don't need experience in Dialysis though this would be beneficial, if you have an interest in Renal and Dialysis they are prepared to give full training. They will also consider newly qualified nurses.
As a Registered General Nurse you will be dealing with the following Clinical Task:
* Participating in staff and patient scheduling through active participation at clinical level.
* Initiation and termination of dialysis.
* Physical assessment of patient's pre and post dialysis. Noting presence of signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition.
* Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring all care is planned and documented.
* Review dialysis orders and initiate any changes requested by the referral Renal Team.
* Documents observations and interventions in a legible manner.
* Maintain a clean clinical environment.
* Carry out all tasks according to the clients policy and procedure.
* Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity.
* Complete incident reports in a timely manner.
* Assessing patient and family learning readiness; and providing appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and medical regiment and their impact on the patient's state of health and well being.
* Performing analysis of patient assessments, laboratory data and when concerns are noted bringing the issues to the attention of the Consultant.
* Instructing patient in pre and post dialysis care.
* Administering patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner.
* Preparing and maintaining dialysis machines and systems according to the clients policy.
* Monitor dialysis water treatment system according to established procedure.
* Understand the technical operations to resolve minor machine and water treatment problems independently.
Skills and Experience -
Registered General Nurse
Experience in clinical and nursing setting
Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
Good communication and organisational skills
Experience in Dialysis/Renal would be beneficial
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse on or 07918 720922.