Ophthalmology Nurse - Plymouth
1 day left
- Job Type
Position: Ophthalmology Nurse - Plymouth
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 Hrs
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ophthalmology Nurse to join the multidisciplinary Outpatients at Plymouth's Treatment centre.
The centre offers compact and friendly units where the environment is calm and the staff dedicated and professional. The facilities are state-of-the-art with a mixture of theatres, treatment rooms and endoscopy suites. The centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Plymouth. They specialise in hip and knee joint replacements shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor Orthopaedic procedures. They also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery. Future plans include a move towards a one-stop cataract service, fully implemented nurse-led pre-assessment and a possible minor procedures room. They are a growing business and everything they do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for their teams.
Key Responsibilities -
As an Ophthalmology Nurse you will assist in the running of the ophthalmic outpatient department and coordinate the patient's pre-operative assessment to ensure that the relevant health information is obtained. You will organise and undertake pre-admission screening of selected patients ensuring that they are fit for surgery, assisting the lead on developing the pre-assessment process. In addition, you will ensure patients are fully informed of their treatment plans and take appropriate action for those who do not meet inclusion criteria.
Skills & Experience -
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate skills and knowledge of the following:
* Performing visual acuity and biometry.
* The needs of patients presenting with a range of ophthalmic conditions following cataract surgery.
* Performing basic investigations such as visual acuity and auto refraction and instil eye drops.
Assessing visual function You will:
* Demonstrate an ability to assess visual function using knowledge of abnormal ocular physiology to anticipate effects of the person's vision.
* Have proven experience in an ophthalmic setting using effective techniques for eye examination and assessment of visual function, including visual acuity and biometry.
* NMC Registered Nurse with recent Ophthalmology outpatient experience including pre-assessment.
* Post basic qualification within ophthalmology
* Basic / Intermediate life support skills.
* ECG and Venepuncture training.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse on or 07918 720922.
Apply for Ophthalmology Nurse - Plymouth
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly