Registered Nurse (Bank)
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Syon Clinic in Brentford has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff within the Nursing Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in health screening/ phlebotomy, Travel vaccination clinics, cardiology as above, UCC and triage and OPD.
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Ability to work in all the departments as described in the Function.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment to the clients who attend a BMI Health assessment or other related assessment (travel vaccination, flu vaccination, Urgent Care Centre, OPD, Cardiology, minor procedures etc.)
- Provide health screening tests and assessments, based on information obtained during the patient’s assessment. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Anthropometric measurements
- Body fat measurements
- ECG recording
- Lung function testing
- Vision testing
- Provide advice and guidance on lifestyle modification, along with more specific intervention and follow-up where appropriate.
- Provide on-going engagement with the clients via local initiatives to ensure repeat business into the site
- Travel vaccination nurse, be able to discuss travel requirements and advise and administer travel vaccines
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.