Lead Ophthalmic Nurse - Outpatients - Bristol
1 day left
- Job Type
Position: Lead Ophthalmic Nurse - Outpatients - Bristol
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 Hrs
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Ophthalmic Nurse to join the Outpatients team at Bristol.
At my clients treatment centre they only treat NHS patients and are focused on providing the best possible, personalised care. My client believes in treating you as quickly as possible - helping you to get better, faster. They offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Responsible to -
Outpatient, Endoscopy and PEC Manager
Key Responsibilities -
As the Lead Ophthalmic Nurse you will provide leadership to the pre assessment, admission and discharge of ophthalmology patients from the unit; assisting in the efficient running of the ophthalmology service. You will be expected to organise and undertake face to face and telephonic pre-operative assessment, including specialised biometry and ophthalmic measurements of patients, ensuring they are fit for surgery at the given site on the date allocated. In addition you will take the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate. You will also participate in the ongoing development of the ophthalmology services within the Treatment Centre.
Skills & Experience -
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Extensive relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with recent experience within the specialism of ophthalmology/ pre-assessments.
* Experience in ophthalmic day care, short stay and inpatient nursing.
* Knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgical care provision.
* Knowledge and skills in respect of ophthalmic disease e.g. glaucoma.
* Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration and performing ECGs.
* Level 1 NMC Registered General Nurse
* Basic / Intermediate life support skills.
* ECG and Venupuncture training
Key Words: Lead Nurse, Ophthalmic, Ophthalmology Nurse, Bristol , Outpatients, Pre-assessment.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse on or 07918 720922.
Apply for Lead Ophthalmic Nurse - Outpatients - Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly