PACU / Recovery Nurse - Bristol
Position: PACU / Recovery Nurse - Bristol
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 Hrs
We have an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join Bristol's multidisciplinary team.
At my clients treatment centre they only treat NHS patients and are focused on providing the best possible, personalised care. My client believes in treating you as quickly as possible - helping you to get better, faster. They offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Key Responsibilities -
Working within PACU, you will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care, encompassing a variety of specialities, ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and post their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately.
Skills & Experience -
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Extensive experience within an acute environment with recent experience in the recovery of patients following surgery.
* Previous experience in pre-assessment.
* A good understanding of Infection Control and Health and Safety issues relating to theatre.
* Competency to care for patients in recovery.
* Knowledge of when need to refer to anaesthetist.
* Level 1 NMC Registered General Nurse
* ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience
* ILS training
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse on or 07918 720922.