BMI Chaucer Hospital is situated in the heart Canterbury and has been serving the population of East Kent for over 30 years and is now looking for new theatre staff to join our thriving and busy department. Our range of specialties is diverse and staff love the challenge of every day being different. Our team in the hospital is very supportive and we try to nurture a very welcome and inclusive culture, and above all everyone plays a part to ensure our patients are given the very best of care and attention whilst in our hospital.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner – Scrub/Recovery/ Anaesthetics or any combination of the three, to join our team of staff in the Theatre department. Whether you are experienced or a newly qualified ODP, we welcome all applications and full training and development as well as preceptorship packages can be provided. If you are a nurse looking for a change of direction and a new challenge in operating theatre practice, this too could be the opportunity for you.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetic/Recovery join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse/RODP 6/12/ post registration experience
- ENB182 or equivalent anaesthetic qualification
- Teaching/assessing qualifications
Duties of this role include:
- To participate in the delivery of Anaesthetic/Post-Anaesthetic recovery services within the operating theatre.
- Clinical output within anaesthetic and recovery care in the Operating Theatre and Endoscopy Departments.
- Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager, Recovery Lead and Endoscopy Lead Practitioners.
- To maintain professional standards in keeping with appropriate code of conduct.
- Maintain stock control.
- Ensure anaesthetic/recovery equipment is maintained in good working order.
- To act as a clinical resource maintaining one’s knowledge of both clinical and professional developments.
- To follow anaesthetic/recovery operational policies in keeping with legislation and the activities of the department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.