RGN - Pre Assessment - Birmingham
Position - RGN - Pre Assessment - WORCESTER
Ref - DBPREASSBIR
Hours - Full Time
Salary - Up to £27,500 - DOE
We are looking to recruit experienced, motivated Registered Nurses, to join our committed Pre-Assessment nursing team. Our client can offer the opportunity to work in a varied, challenging but rewarding role in a friendly and supportive working environment.
On a daily basis you will work in our Pre-Assessment clinics treating a diverse variety of patients from many different specialties.
As a Registered Nurse you will get the opportunity to work with some of the region's top Consultants so you will be exposed to innovative evidence-based clinical techniques. We commit to Nurses well-being through training, support and reward. This helps ensure that Nurses are able to increase and diversify their skills to meet our high clinical standards. Our clients hospitals are delivering increasingly complex and acute care, and this requires highly skilled and consistent nursing teams. All of this is underpinned by a nursing culture which focuses on impeccable patient care above all else.
Overall Responsibilities -
* Assess patients' health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
* Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs
* Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
* Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
* Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
* Assist in maintaining and developing services.
* Contribute to quality improvement.
* Promote people's equality, diversity and rights.
Specific Responsibilities -
* Discuss, agree and explain responsibilities for assessment of patients including their needs and risks if any.
* Explain role, responsibilities, accountability and scope of practice for the assessment of a group of patients.
* Promote patients' rights and wishes during the assessment, gain consent.
* Identify peoples health needs through observation discussion and the use of technical assessment methods.
* Obtain information on patients' needs within the overall context of their personal and care requirements.
* Collect collate and organise data interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, make this available to relevant others.
* Identify the implication of assessment against the programme of care.
* Transfer and apply skills and knowledge to new needs and issues.
* Identify and report any significant changes that might affect the individual's health and well being to the appropriate person, if outside your scope of practice.
Skills and behaviour -
* Passion for Customers
* Planning and Organisation
* Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
* Communication and Influencing
* Working Collaboratively
* Concern for Standards
* Business Focus
* Nursing and Midwifery Council registration and regulation
* Willing to participate in flexible working pattern
* Empathy for vulnerable and sick patients
* Empathy for principles and importance of EO and dignity at work
* Flexible work processes
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse
or 07514 669415.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.