Theatre Practitioner-Theatre- Warwickshire
1 day left
- Job Type
Position - Theatre Practitioner-Theatre- Warwickshire
Ref - DBTHEPRACWAR
Salary - Up to £27500K
Hours - Full Time
We are looking for Registered General Nurse (RGN) to join Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in Warwickshire. Our client has a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Core Responsibilities of Theatre Practitioner Role:
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
* To act as first assistant within competency guidelines.
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
* Contribute to quality improvement
* To assist the surgeon where necessary within competencies
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient's identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Assist the Anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
* Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
* Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
* Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days annual leave alongside 8 statutory bank holidays
* We pay the cost of your DBS check, prior to employment
* Staff uniform provided (for clinical staff)
* Pension & life assurance scheme (money purchase scheme)
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* On-going training and development
Key Word - Theatre, Registered General Nurse, ODP, Recovery, Scrub, RGN, Theatre Nurse, surgical
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or 07514 669415 alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Theatre Practitioner-Theatre- Warwickshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly