Deputy Theatre Manager
1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Huddersfield Hospital in Huddersfield has a vacancy for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Experience of Clinical Governance and enforcing requirements
Duties of this role include:
- To be able to assemble, check and prepare the appropriate equipment, instruments, and consumables for own area of expertise, whether this is Anaesthetics, Recovery or Scrub.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during the appropriate part of the operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Ensure all mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Ensure compliance from the Scrub team for mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Ensure the team is adequately monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Ensure that the appropriate members of staff are assisting the Anaesthetist during the perioperative and postoperative care as and when required.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.