Registered Children's Nurse (Bank)
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Kings Oak Hospital in Enfield has a vacancy for a Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff within the Paediatrics Department.
Bank vacancies available for Staff Nurse and Lead Children's Nurse positons.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must be RSCN with good acute experience in the acute sector for paediatric service delivery.
- Must be able to display competencies in the management of children’s nursing.
- Be familiar and up to date with current guidance and policy in relation to care of the child and young person including Prevent and safeguarding policy.
- Patient management with evidence of recent related practice for this speciality within an out- patient setting.
Duties of this role include:
- Facilitate introduction and implementation of new and existing pediatrics control practices / standards.
- Act a resource person for staff concerning related problems in the clinical area (e.g. care of equipment) and child protection.
- To assist in the education of staff in the principles of child protection.
- To assist with the writing, reviewing and updating of pediatric policies, procedures and standards.
- To participate in teaching staff appropriate aspects of care relating to pediatric practices.
- To be knowledgeable regarding the purchase / introduction and use of equipment in relation to:
- Safety for use by pediatric patients
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.