BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff on the Wards.
This role is for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse 2nd level with NMC registration
- Surgical experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
- Awareness of NMC code of conduct and accountability
- To have a particular eye for detail and accuracy
- Team worker
- Able to work with staff at all levels
- Able to plan and prioritise workload
- PC Literate
- Customer focused
- Commercially aware
- Interested in operational management of hospitals
- Able to approach administrative tasks in a positive manner
- Able to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure
- Able to handle information of highly sensitive & confidential nature
Duties of this role include:
- Under the guidance of a first level nurse to provide individualised patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care under Rule 18 of competency
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to NMC and National Care Standards for records and record keeping.
- Liaise with all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Provide information to patients, relatives and visitors referring question to other members of the hospital team as appropriate
- Administer and record medications in accordance with hospital policies
- Participate as a member of the ward team and encourage a team approach to patient care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on t