- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Blackheath Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Outpatients Department.
This post is part-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Good experience working as an HCA.
- Good IT skills.
- Phlebotomy skills and experience.
Duties of this role include:
- Act as patient advocate at all times
- Promote the hospital as a provider of high quality healthcare
- Record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and accurately chart when required, report abnormal readings to qualified nurse or consultant
- Obtain blood and other samples from patients and ensure their correct and safe storage and transportation to the laboratory.
- Perform simple dressings and removal of sutures (aseptic technique), accurately record in evaluation, ensuring it is countersigned by a qualified nurse
- Participate in minor procedures
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.