Complex Care Practitioner - HCA- Neuro Rehab - York
Position: Complex Care Practitioner - HCA- Neuro Rehab - York
Salary: £9 - 10.94 per Hour
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 Hrs
My clients Rehabilitation Programme aims to maximise independence and recovery, equipping residents with the skills to return home or to a supported environment, achieving rehabilitation goals that promote re-enablement and enhance quality of life.
My client's facilities are located in the heart of their communities, providing easy access to a broad range of amenities, educational and occupational opportunities and social and leisure pursuits. Residents benefit from a friendly, supportive and homely environment in an atmosphere that is conducive to rehabilitation.
The Vacancy -
My client is looking for a Complex Care Practitioner to work within their 4 bedded specialist services for ventilated patients. These patients require ventilation to maintain respiratory function whilst remaining medically stable.
The candidate must posses the following:
- NVQ 3 in Health and social care or equivalent.
- Willingness to train to deliver tracheostomy care competencies, Ventilator competencies, Peg feeding competencies, cough assist competencies etc.
- Skills within Band 3 Job profile of the NHS.
- Deliver a detailed and accurate handover at beginning of each shift; communicating clients information, needs and daily plan.
- Be aware of client's emotional, psychological, social and medical needs.
- Take the responsibility for the delivery of high standards of care, providing hands - on support and guidance where required.
- Be named practitioner for selected clients; ensuring all needs (medical, social and psychological) are delivered, assessed and monitored as required.
- Ensure all clients notes and records are stored in accordance with policy and Data Protection Act.
- Undertake teaching and mentoring where required of new and existing staff.
- Carry out or assist with nursing procedures (dressing and tracheostomy changes, bowel care, and baseline observations).
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to Sam.A-