Registered Nurse - ITU
1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the ITU Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week covering: weekdays, weekends, some bank holidays, long days and nights.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Experience in an acute intensive care setting
- Ability to plan and deliver care for the critically ill patient.
- Ability to liaise with consultants.
- Familiar with emergency situations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG’s, venepuncture, IV drugs and arterial blood sampling.
Duties of this role include:
- Maintain accurate and full documentation of records
- Provide individualised patient care/ planning.
- Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
- Follow hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist in the induction of new staff and participate in training of staff.
- Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
- Supervision of staff where appropriate.
- Work well as a member of the team and support sisters and charge nurses, keeping them informed of patient condition.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with all staff at all levels, internally and externally.
- Actively participate in the health and safety of all staff and patients and visitors, ensuring that Hospital policy is adhered to.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.