Senior Registered Nurse
The Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have 120 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit.
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Wards.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Ward Management
- Post registration clinical course e.g. Mentorship, Diabetes, wound care, Infection control
- Up to date knowledge in latest patient care
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
Duties of this role include:
- To take charge of the department as and when required.
- To provide support and guidance for junior /senior members of staff.
- Support and clinical care to patients with different medical conditions.
- To ensure that department operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by the ward manager.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety and COSHH policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To act as a resource for all staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety and COSHH requirements.
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
With accessible transport links and a variety of other career opportunities across the hospital – please get in touch for any further information.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.