Senior Registered Nurse
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital in Middlesex has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Outpatients Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered nurse with current NMC Registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix
- Phlebotomy competency (desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- Cannulation competencies (desirable)
- Minor procedure experience (desirable)
- ECGs, lung function, Audiology, 24 hour ECG tapes/BP monitors (desirable)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess a good level of computer skills.
Duties of this role include:
- Assist in the planning of patient care for out patients and the delivery of an efficient nursing service.
- Contribute to quality of improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To lead a shift as the RGN on duty.
- To provide support and guidance to the healthcare assistants and new members of the team
- To ensure that the hospital / departmental operational policies are maintained and complied with advising senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To ensure that all the Health & Safety / COI, Security Information policies and procedures are read understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.