Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Kings Oak Hospital in Enfield has a vacancy for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff within the Children's Services Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Valid NMC Registration.
- RSCN or RN (Child)
- Degree in leadership/Management or evidence of working towards.
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP.
- ENB 998 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Articulate and knowledgeable about current health care issues.
- Evidence of competency in area of practice.
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support Provider.(or work towards)
- Proven experience of ward management at Sister level.
Duties of this role include:
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements and risk management mechanisms are adhered to.
- To have responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Promote learning and supportive environment for staff and encourage reflective based practice.
- Encourage and stimulate innovation in practice and promote an environment receptive to change.
- To take the lead in specific areas of quality, to develop standards and audit nursing practice in children’s service
- To abide by NMC Code of Conduct at all times and NMC Scope of Professional Practice, adhering to company/hospital policies and procedures.
- To be aware and comply with all legislation and BMI’s policies in relation to the care of children in hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.