Senior Registered Nurse - ITU
- Job Type
The Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have 120 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit.
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the ITU Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week covering longs days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- ALS certificate
- NMC Registration
- Post registration experience
- Phlebotomy training /IV therapy
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Manual Handling
- ENB 998 or equivalent / ENB 100 desirable
- Good communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Make efficient use of available resources
- Regularly deputise for Sister, providing management and leadership in her absence
- Promote team working
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- To facilitate, supervise and teach junior members of staff and students
- To undertake appraisals on junior members of staff
- To identify training needs and assist with the development of appropriate skills within the team
- Hold The ITU bleep and act as team leader in a cardiac arrest
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
With accessible transport links and a variety of other career opportunities across the hospital – please get in touch for any further information.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.