Sister / Charge Nurse
The Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have 120 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit.
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital has a vacancy for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff within the discharge coordination nursing speciality.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
Work in conjunction with and as part of wards based Multi-Professional Teams and provider agencies to develop discharge plans that enable patients who are assessed as medically fit, but have complex care needs to be discharged safely into their homes/ home cares in a timely and safe manner in line with the Delayed Discharges Act 2003
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with current experience in complex discharges.
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
Duties of this role include:
- Support Ward Multi-disciplinary teams and named nurses to provide high quality accurate documentation to enable timely Health Needs Assessments for the Continuing Healthcare assessment process.
- Support Ward Multi-disciplinary teams and work closely with therapy staff to ensure high quality and timely Rehabilitation Assessments are undertaken and progressed
- Promote the up-take of community services to enable patients to be supported/rehabilitated safely in their own home/community facility for as long as possible
- Undertake patient-centred assessments that respect dignity and choice and promote independence. This includes risk assessments, and contributing to multi - professional assessments when appropriate.
- Identify adequate personal resources by using an assessment tool with a built in resource allocation function.
- Make direct safeguarding referrals as agreed with the Director of Nursing.
- Support adult safeguarding investigations in accordance with policies and procedures, and provide detailed and professional responses by implementing protection plans, upholding standards and within agreed time scales.
- Recognise and support carers in their role, while enabling them to maintain a life beyond their caring responsibility
Work closely with external agencies like social services, local council and others.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
With accessible transport links and a variety of other career opportunities across the hospital – please get in touch for any further information.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.