Theatre Practitioner - Ambulatory Care
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatre and Ambulatory Care.
This role will rotate between theatre and Ambulatory Care. This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NMC/HPC Registered
- Good scrub experience at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Current and up to date specific to theatre practice
- Clinical Governance
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
Duties of this role include:
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties in a variety of surgical specialties within the Ambulatory Care Unit.
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To maintain safe custody, administration and documentation of drugs
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
- Take part in department audits
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.