Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- HPC registered ODP / Registered Anaesthetic Nurse.
- Some Anaesthetic experience at band 5 or equivalent.
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good mentor / coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, implement and evaluate anaesthetic care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To participate in anaesthetic, recovery and scrub duties as required
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To provide advice and make decisions within the scope of own expertise
- To assist senior staff in the running and management of the anaesthetic team.
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
- Take part in department audits
- Identify own learning needs/professional development
- Ensure mandatory training in completed each year.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Independent sector employer – BMI Healthcare employment terms and conditions apply.