Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Outpatients Department.
This post is part-time for 22.5 hours per week; 8-4, 1-9 mostly socailable hours
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing
- practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
- Post registration surgical experience
Duties of this role include:
- Review pre-assessment questionnaires and take relevant action in accordance with the local and national guidelines
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of post- surgical wounds
- Perform or organise any investigations required using local and national guidelines
- Liaise with the pharmacist relating to patients medication to source further information if necessary.
- Give pre-operative advice on medications including fasting times
- Liaise with consultant secretaries if necessary
- Prepare clinic rooms prior to the clinic starting
- Liaise with TDL about blood and specimens
- Use IMS Maxims – blood ordering system
- Assist in the maintenance of department cleanliness, cleaning and tidying of equipment
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.