BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Southend Hospital in Southend has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Ward and Outpatients Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NMC registration – Level 1
- Post-registration clinical course / qualification (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine/surgery
- Aware of NMC code
- Basic workload / shift management
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Experience in an acute hospital setting
Recovery experience desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients without direct supervision.
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
- To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Student Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and participation in the Clinical Governance agenda.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.