Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week. Shift patterns early, late and long days. 1 weekend in 4.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- HPC registered ODP/ Anaesthetic Nurses RN
- Some anaesthetic experience at band 5 or equivalent
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, implement and evaluate anaesthetic care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To participate in anaesthetic, recovery and scrub duties as required
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To be part of the resuscitation team
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To provide advice and make decisions within the scope of own expertise
- To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
- To assist senior staff in the running and management of the department and take charge in the absence of senior staff
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.