Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Wards on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- NVQ Level 3 / Care Certificate is.
- Experience of working with surgical patients in a hospital setting.
- Evidence of any professional development.
Duties of this role include:
- Always to work under the guidance of a named staff nurse and communicate effectively with that person and others.
- Meet patient’s needs in personal hygiene and nutrition, assisting and encouraging those less able to help themselves.
- Undertake observations of temperature, pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure as instructed by the staff nurse (RN) or at pre agreed times. Recognise the significance of patient observations and inform the RN immediately of any changes and deviations from the norm.
- Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient’s journey, admission to discharge, utilising care pathways as appropriate.
- Undertake collection of specimens e.g. urine when required.
- To escort the patient to theatre once the RN has checked and countersigned all completed paperwork.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.