Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Blackheath Hospital in Enfield has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff within the Wards on a bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Acute clinical experience
- good communication skills
- good computer skills
- Updated training- BLS, Fire, Manual Handling and Documentation
Duties of this role include:
- To provide support and guidance for other junior members of staff-bank HCA and students
- To ensure that department operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by Senior Staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety and COSHH policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To act as a resource for all staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety and COSHH requirements.
- To exercise economy in the use of equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service.
- To actively participate in clinical teaching in the department under the direction of Senior Staff.
- To keep up to date with clinical and professional developments in nursing and to attend relevant study sessions.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.