BMI Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre Assessment department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week.The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered nurse Level 1 or 2 or equivalent
- Qualifications & skills compatible to the role
- Awareness of research and evidence based practice in the clinical setting
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Basic IT skills
Duties of this role include:
- This role will take responsibility for the pre-assessment of in-patients & day-case patients awaiting elective surgery; and will participate in pre-screening & pre-assessment across all surgical specialities. Ensuring patients are medically fit for their surgical procedure
- The key focus is to ensure patients are prepared physically & psychologically for surgery, ensuring thorough assessment & discharge planning.
- This role requires autonomy & excellent decision making skills within a multi-disciplinary unit.
- To work in accordance with the standards set by Nursing Professional Bodies; BMI Healthcare clinical governance agenda & CQC Standards.
- To safeguard the well-being & interests of all patients, employees, visitors & Consultants.
- The role requires accountability & keeping up to date with knowledge & skills
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.