BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Oncology Sister to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and planning abilities
- Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
- Three years post registration experience, one of which must have been caring for patients undergoing chemotherapy/receiving palliative care
- Experience of working with pre-registration students
- Experience working in a private hospital.
- Experience of ward management
Duties of this role include:
- To provide excellent customer service
- To have day to day management responsibility for the oncology unit and its staff
- To provide clinical leadership in the effective and efficient management of the ward and its resources
- Ensure and drive clinical excellence in all aspects of care received by patients
- Lead and support the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda
- Work with the Senior Management Team to deliver the clinical strategy for cancer care services
- Be a credible role model maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Work with the team to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.