Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 32 hours per week.
- Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- ENB 100 or equivalent
- ENB 998 or mentorship course
- ALS/PALS provider
- Ability to plan care for the critically ill
- Liaise with consultants
- Personnel functions, i.e. staff performance review
- Familiar with emergency situations
Duties of this role include:
- Knowledge of hospital policies and management of all aspects of the ICU in accordance
- with the policies.
- Participate in recruitment, induction, training, performance review and counselling of new and junior staff.
- Assist in instruction and use of new equipment.
- Liaise with sisters/charge nurses on ICU and suites, other departments, consultants, RMOs, nursing management and other members of the multidisciplinary team. To maintain effective lines of communication with all staff at all levels, internally and externally.
- To provide high standards of nursing care and evaluate standards of care.
- Accurate and full documentation of records.
- To ensure that all untoward incidents are correctly reported and documented.
- To provide a high standard of asepsis and take an active part in infection control within the hospital ensuring that the Infection Control Nurse receives all appropriate reports.
The critical care unit at the Alexandra Hospital has level 3 and level 2 beds. Primarily we have patients who have undergone cardiac surgery and other major surgeries. There are also medical and cardiology patients. The work is varied and there is an established and experienced team. There are opportunities for development and progression. The applicant should have experience in general surgery/medicine on which they can then develop critical care skills.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.