Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a bank 'as and when required' basis
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Substantial experience in an ICU acute care setting
• Critical Care course
• Ability to plan and deliver care for the critically ill patient.
• Ability to liaise with consultants.
• Familiar with emergency situations.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG’s, venepuncture, IV drugs and arterial blood sampling.
Duties of this role include:
• Accurate and full documentation of records
• Individualised patient care/ planning.
• Hospital policies and procedures
• Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
• Carry out work in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
• Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
• Work well as a member of the team and support sisters and charge nurses, keeping them informed of patient condition.
• Engender team spirit and high staff morale.
• Assist in the induction of new staff and participate in training of staff.
• Keep professionally updated.
The critical care unit at the Alexandra Hospital has level 3 and level 2 beds. Primarily we have patients who have undergone cardiac surgery and other major surgeries. There are also medical and cardiology patients. The work is varied and there is an established and experienced team. There are opportunities for development and progression. The applicant should have experience in general surgery/medicine on which they can then develop critical care skills.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.