BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Gisburne Park Hospital in Lancashire has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC registration
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioiritise and co-ordinate workload
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Hospital experience in surgical unit.
• Experience is required of working with varied personalities and to be able to adapt to cope with often difficult situations you may encounter.
• Good organisational and communications skills are important to a smooth running busy Ward.
Duties of this role include:
• To provide a high standard of individualised essential patient care to ensure an efficient and courteous service is provided for patients.
• To act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
• Ensure accurate documentation and progress of patient care is maintained
• Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, escalating to senior managers if there has been a Health and Safety incident.
• Store, administer and document all medication in accordance with hospital policy
• To be aware and comply with all hospital infection control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.