Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Childen's Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 15 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Valid NMC Registration.
• RSCN or RN (Child)
• Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
• ENB 998 or equivalent
• Post registration course
• D32/33 NVQ Assessor’s course
• Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of hospital policies and procedures.
Duties of this role include:
• To keep up to date with current trends and developments in paediatric nursing and take responsibility for own professional development.
• To comply, at all times, with the NMC Code of Conduct for nurses.
• To maintain effective communication with other departments and wards.
• To assist in the training of new members of staff and junior colleagues.
• Maintain professional confidentiality.
• Be a prime care giver for a defined group of paediatric patients and their families.
• To play a key role in setting and maintaining measurable paediatric standards of care.
• In collaboration with the Lead Paediatric Nurse, play a key role in the formulation of paediatric policies and procedures.
• To liaise effectively with consultants and resident medical officers ensuring that medical instructions are carried out promptly and correctly.
• To ensure all nursing practice is research based.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.