Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Post Registration Courses.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication with Consultants and knowledge of their own preferences.
- Hospital experience in surgical unit preferable.
- Experience is required of working with varied personalities and to be able to adapt to cope with often difficult situations you may encounter.
- Good organisational and communications skills are important to a smooth running busy Ward.
- Good administration skills and being able to cope well under the pressure of a busy medical environment.
- Duties of this role include:
- To provide a high standard of individualised essential patient care to ensure an efficient and courteous service is provided for the clients.
- Provide expertise, knowledge and information as appropriate.
- Deliver the highest standards of nursing care and to ensure the privacy of the client at all times.
- Establish good communication links with patients, visitors and all grades of staff.
- Maintain high level, up to date knowledge of clinical practice and developments in nursing.
- Ensure that ward policies are maintained and complied with.
- Maintain written records and legal documents to required levels and accepted practice.
- Promote research based nursing care.
- Participate in the Personal Development Review Programme.
- Participate in the development of an education programme for nursing staff.
- Participate in the teaching of theory and practice.
- Act as a mentor for learner nurses when necessary.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.