This job is no longer available
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow provides services to adults and children from 3 years of age. The hospital has 141 beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV, Wi-Fi and telephone. There are five theatres, an endoscopy suite, a level III Intensive Care unit and a self-pay, walk-in Emergency Care Centre, open 7 days a week, from 8am - 9pm.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Practice Development Nurse to support our clinical management team. This is a full-time post for 37.5 hours per week - working shifts as required.
To be considered for this post, it is essential that applicants have the following:
- RGN with current NMC registration
- Teaching/ Mentoring qualification
- Specialist Nursing qualification
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience at band 6 level
Duties of this role include:
- To develop a local clinical education and development strategy that meets the needs of patient care.
- Support and develop all levels of nursing staff within their roles and in the delivery of patient care.
- To act as a role model for clinical staff, demonstrating the highest standards of patient care and professional conduct at all times.
- To work with staff in the clinical area to develop and assess clinical practice and competence.
- To develop adaptation programmes and rotation programmes for newly qualified staff.
- Uphold quality initiatives that improve customer care and enhance the interface between staff, patients, visitors and other departments.
- To ensure that evidence based practice and clinical effectiveness underpins care delivery.
- To act as an expert practitioner.
We’re committed to providing excellent conditions and benefits for our staff, including up to 30 days annual leave, discounted gym/ fitness class membership, staff pension scheme and free private medical cover
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch.