This job is no longer available
Bupa Health Clinics (BHC) is one of five Bupa UK businesses. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most - whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We are the leading provider in the UK of high quality, added value personal and corporate preventive health services and have a wide variety of roles in various locations around the UK. BHC is positioned as a trusted adviser and provider of integrated health care solutions; services include health assessments, occupational health, primary care, dentistry, musculoskeletal medicine aswell as specialist clinical nurse advisory roles. The services are delivered from some fifty sites throughout the UK, as well as from corporate clients' premises. Roles in all areas are always rewarding and you'll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
We are looking for an MSK Physiotherapist. The post holder will be part of an expanding team of Physiotherapists based at Salford Quays. This role is composed of the triage of patients with musculoskeletal conditions on the telephone. Central to the role is the ability to think critically and use advanced decision making skills in order to accurately assess and manage patients with a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions over the telephone. The post holder will have the experience to work autonomously and as part of a larger team, possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Independently assimilate and interpret call information forwarded by Bupa Private Medical Insurance advisors and respond in a timely and professional manner to the Bupa members
- Accurately assess and prioritise patients with a wide range of clinical musculoskeletal conditions, using a variety of techniques to elicit and interpret the history of an event/illness, including past medical and drug history, in order to reach a clinical pathway decision
- To provide evidence based healthcare advice which contributes to the diagnosis, care or treatment of a wide range of clinical musculoskeletal conditions
- Use the computer system to ensure accurate documentation of all episodes of patient interaction are complete and become permanent, including any adverse events
- Work within the HPC and CSP Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice
- Provide and receive clinical supervision
- Ensure the maintenance of evidence based clinical and professional Standards in all areas of work and to share in the efficient running of the services provided.
Specific skills and experience required
- Qualified Physiotherapist - Band 5/6/7
- HPCP and CSP Registered
- Demonstrable post qualification experience and depth of knowledge within MSK and/or Orthopaedics and/or Sports injury
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line, free onsite gym and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.