Head of the School of Nursing and Midwifery
De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded institution with a relentless focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing sector-leading student experience. A culturally rich university with a palpable commitment to the public good, it strives to maintain a stimulating, innovative and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. The School of Nursing and Midwifery is one of four schools in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences and now seeks a new Head of School. Reporting to the PVC/Dean, the successful candidate will be a senior member of the faculty executive team and a key player in the development and implementation of the faculty strategic plan and policy development:
- Provide strategic and academic leadership and oversee the management of the school to achieve the key performance indicators in the areas of teaching, research and income generation.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process for the faculty and lead the planning process for the school to support the PVC/Dean in ensuring that the faculty is a successful and inclusive learning and research environment.
- Lead and maintain effective and productive links with external partners and organisations to promote the profile of the school, faculty and university as required.
- Significant senior management experience implementing and delivering strategic plans together with an in depth understanding of academia.
- Strong and clear leadership and management style to engage with and lead a team of successful and passionate academics to create an inclusive communicative and performance focused management culture.
- Higher degree and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
For an informal conversation please contact Hannah Wade on 0113 386 8529.
Closing Date is Friday 29th August 2014