This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Runnymede hospital in Surrey has a vacancy for a Registered Children’s Nurse to join their team of staff.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- A registered Sick Children’s Nurse/ Registered Nurse (Child) and up-to-date paediatric Basic Life Support
- Previous work experience working in an acute paediatric setting with referred private sector experience
- Safeguarding Children training with good theoretical knowledge and the commitment to providing quality service to our children and their families
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a flexible, can-do attitude and a caring, compassionate attitude towards children
Duties of this role include:
- To work as a registered children’s nurse providing the highest standard of nursing care and evaluating the outcome of this for your assigned caseload of children and their families and effectively communicate relevant changed in the children’s condition to the shift leader.
- To provide leadership and supervision for Healthcare Assistants and other hospital staff as well as ensuring a safe environment for the physical and psychological well-being of children and their families
- To work as an effective member of the team by maintaining a professional attitude at all times as well as participating in unit meetings and liaising with the Paediatric Coordinator.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.