About the Trust
HCL Workforce Solutions is working alongside this prestigious NHS Trust to provide the widest range of children`s health services for young patients across the West Midlands.
We are a nationally designated specialist centre for epilepsy surgery, trauma, liver and small bowel transplant, complex heart conditions, burns treatment, cancer, liver and kidney disease; and we have one of the largest Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in the country.
As one of the UK`s leading pediatric teaching centers we go to great lengths to identify, teach, nurture and develop the skills of our present and future workforce. We continually examine our practice and look at ways to innovate and improve the service we all deliver so that our children, young people and families receive a first-class service.
About the Role:
- Ensure intravenous therapy and administration of chemotherapy skills are kept up to date
- To provide a high standard of family centred holistic care to the children and families within the department.
- To work as a skilled member of the nursing team
- Participate in the support of staff training of specific oncology skills
- To take responsibility for and manage the care of a critically ill/injured infant/child/children within a span of duty. This will include using a full set of critical care skills for any child admitted to intensive care from any specialty with any condition.
- Good grasp of the English language
- Ideally 12 months post registration experience in paediatrics and/or oncology.
- Right to work in the UK
- NMC registration or eligibility to apply
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- £21,478 - £27,901
- Unsociable hours salary enhancements
- NHS benefits - including 27 days paid holidays plus 8 general and public holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension schemes
- Career progression with commitment to ongoing training
For more information about this exciting career opportunity don`t hesitate to call Nina Boogers at HCL Workforce Solutions on: 02078618950
HCL Permanent London