This job is no longer available
This is a specialist cancer outpatient clinic with an international reputation as a centre of excellence. Protecting and maintaining this level of clinical excellence is therefore central to everything LOC does. They have 20 treatment chairs in their suite, along with 8 at another site and 10 at the medical Centre. They strive to provide patients with the highest standard of cancer care possible. Every single person who works at this prestigous clinic understands they play an equally valuable role in helping the patient.It has a warm and friendly environment, where staff feel valued and recognised for their contribution to their reputation. They support thier staff and promote career development through a range of training and learning programmes along with a generous benefits package.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that patients and visitors receive the level of service that conforms to vision, aspiration and values of the clinic. To provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers, without supervision, in collaboration with the multi disciplinary team. The post will involve deputising for their line manager. This may involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings.
This is a full time post, Shift patterns will be 8am - 8 pm cover (shifts either 7.5, 9.5 or 11.5 hours) Monday - Friday, working Full Time 37.5 hrs a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain clinical competency in cannulation, care of CVADs and administration techniques
- Assess the educational and informational needs of the patient and family. This includes producing and using appropriate materials to ensure optimum
- Understanding of nursing care and the likely outcome
- Liaise and work closely with relevant Clinical Nurse Specialists / Clinic
- Doctor /Clinical Team / Consultants / Primary Care Teams in the provision of a professional critical care / cancer nursing service, and use skills identified for the post to provide a specialist input to the care that is planned for and delivered to individual patients
Skills & Experience:
- Skilled in Phlebotomy / Cannulation / Care of CVADs/ IV administration
- Sound oncology patient assessment skills
- IV Drug Administration
- Ability to delegate and prioritise.
- Effective preceptorship / mentorship skills
- Ability to motivate and contribute to team working
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Basic cardiac life support
- Advanced life support
About the Individual:
The successful candidate will preferably have outpatient cancer experience, an excellent communicator and good interpersonal skills. Being a team player and having the ability to deal with demanding/complex situations is key to this role. The applicant will also have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information on 0207 861 8950 ext 1553 or email me email@example.com