This job is no longer available
Greater Manchester West Mental Health Foundation Trust provides district mental health services in Bolton, Salford and Trafford. Individually developed and recovery focused services are delivered through both inpatient and community-based means.
The Trust also provides inpatient alcohol and drug recovery services in Prestwich as well as community services in Trafford, Salford, Cumbria, Wigan and Leigh, Blackburn with Darwen and Central Lancashire.
GMW provides secure services for adults across the wider North which include a range of care pathways. Specialist services for young people and adults are also provided, such as psychotherapy, prison in-reach, early intervention, an eating disorder service and more.
The hospital has different wards for men and women needing increased support with their mental health. The hospital provides intensive 24 hour care to older people with mental health needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Care of older patients with mental health needs such as dementia, depression, and anxiety
- Monitoring blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration and ECG recording
- Assisting qualified staff in delivering care
You must meet the following essential criteria:
- At least 2 years recent UK experience within a mental health hospital
- Right to work in the UK
- The ability to monitor vital signs
- Occupational health vaccination history in hepatitis B, measles, rubella, varicella and tuberculosis.
In return you will receive:
- Working flexible hours in various units within the Wolverhampton area
- Use of latest equipment
- Reward scheme from HCL Nursing
- Weekly payment at a competitive rate
- Free uniform
Please note that only applicants that meet all of the above criteria will be considered for this role.
So if you are looking for an exciting new role within the mental health setting and meet our criteria, please apply to this advert by submitting an up-to-date CV or call Francis Cini on 0207 861 8933