A leading heart charity in London is currently looking for a Cardiac Nurse to take on the role of a Heart Helpline Nurse. They are looking for a nurse who has a thorough knowledge of the risk factors associated with coronary heart disease and an up to date knowledge of other cardiac conditions and treatments. The successful candidate must be able to communicate this knowledge to users of the helpline seeking heart related advice.
In this role you would be required to demonstrate good clinical knowledge and be accountable for your own actions. Ideally, you should be able to demonstrate an awareness of research and evidence based practice and have excellent verbal communication skills.
This is a part-time role - Monday, Tuesday and Friday - but my client can be flexible for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To work as part of a team providing a high quality information and support service in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner by actively listening to all callers and responding appropriately to their inquiries
- To develop a working knowledge of the role, services and resources of the organisation
- To complete the database call template screen after taking a call to allow monitoring of all call data
- To undertake other tasks and duties commensurate with the post as may be requested by the Manager for Information and Support from time to time
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the risk factors associated with coronary heart disease and an up to date knowledge of other cardiac conditions and treatments
- To maintain knowledge in relation to developments in health and social policy and NHS provision
- To maintain continuous professional development for both role and NMC registration
- To signpost appropriately to relevant resources and agencies
- NMC Registered
- Extensive specialist cardiac nursing experience in the acute clinical area
- Specialist course in cardiac nursing at level 6 (desirable but not essential)
- Extensive knowledge of the risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease and an up to date knowledge of all cardiac conditions, including relevant investigations and treatments
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft word and office
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to adapt to a non-clinical environment
- 30 days entitlement per annum, exclusive of bank holidays (entitlement plus bank holidays will be pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Life Assurance Continuous education and development
- Sick Pay
- Childcare vouchers
This is a fantastic opportunity for a nurse looking to use their clinical cardiac experience within a non-clinical environment.
For more information, please call a member of the SPOT Nursing Team on 020 7861 8950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HCL Permanent London