Gastroenterology Nurse Advisor - full or part time
Bupa is one of the UK's leading healthcare companies and Bupa Health Funding makes up a key part of our business. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most - whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We have a variety of roles in various locations around the UK. Our environment is warm and welcoming, our facilities first class and every individual is here to make a difference. Roles are always rewarding and you'll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent, Part time or Full time 35hrs (or pro rated)
In this role you'll be the clinical expert within the Gastroenterology team to support the implementation of case management, working in a key role supporting Bupa's customers and doctors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help develop and shape customer-centred treatment pathways with a focus on shared decision making, and access to the right care at the right time. . You'll need to be comfortable communicating with Bupa's network of leading consultant Gastroenterologists as well as customers who may need additional support and encouragement to understand their symptoms and treatment options.
This is a telephone based clinical support role.
We welcome applicants who wish to combine this role with ongoing clinical practice.
- You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and experience across gastroenterology and you will need to be up to date with the latest research and opinion in this area in order to handle calls with customers and Bupa consultants. You will be supported by Bupa's Assistant Medical Directors
- You will be involved in implementing evidence based care pathways for our customers and you will be influential in implementing continual developments and innovative ideas to improve the overall customer journey
- As the clinical specialist within the Gastroenterology team you will be expected to support the non-clinical staff and facilitate training sessions
- You will be an RGN with active PIN/registration
- Related Nursing experience in this field is essential
- Experience of working as an Endoscopy Nurse, IBS Nurse, Nutrition Nurse or Stoma would be advantageous as well as experience of working in private and NHS sectors would be desirable
- Experience or knowledge in either upper and/or lower gastrointestinal tract conditions would also be desirable
- Knowledge of clinical governance and risk management is essential
- Good understand of NICE clinical guidelines and care pathways
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop
Please note: Salary range on offer covers the varied experience levels required throughout our roles and within our teams. Salary offered is subject to qualification, experience (NHS equivalent) and knowledge level.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us