This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow, Middlesex has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Intensive Treatment Unit.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Approved Adult Critical Care Course
- ALS Provider certificate
- Evidence of continued professional development
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Experience in ITU
Duties of this role include:
- Taking responsibility for the smooth running of the unit; liaising with the senior nursing staff.
- Ensuring effective use of resources within the department.
- Establishing effective interdepartmental liaison and multidisciplinary working to achieve optimum levels of patient care.
- Ensuring that drug administration and control is in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Assisting with the management of the nursing team, under the direction of the Sister/Charge nurse and to be responsible for this in their absence.
- Providing clinical training to ward and other hospital staff as required.
- Providing clinical leadership and oversee and advise on individual patient care, ensuring that nursing care and medical instructions are carried out correctly.
- Participating in the clinical governance initiatives of the hospital, including implementation of evidence based practice, clinical audit, risk management etc.
- Taking responsibility for all health & safety issues within your department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.