This job is no longer available
Bupa Health Clinics (BHC) is one of five Bupa UK businesses. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most - whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We are the leading provider in the UK of high quality, added value personal and corporate preventive health services and have a wide variety of roles in various locations around the UK. BHC is positioned as a trusted adviser and provider of integrated health care solutions; services include health assessments, occupational health, primary care, dentistry, musculoskeletal medicine and telephone based nurse advisory and coaching roles. The services are delivered from some fifty sites throughout the UK, as well as from corporate clients' premises. Roles in all areas are always rewarding and you'll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent, Full time
In this role you'll deliver telephone-based coaching to Bupa customers with risk factors underlying common chronic conditions such as coronary heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, and other specified illnesses. The aim is to help customers self manage their health by achieving and maintaining the target levels for their risk factors. The programme will be offered to customers following hospitalisation but can also be preventative for those with demonstrated risk factors.
- To pro-actively engage patients onto the programmes over the telephone as part of outreach campaign activities.
- Collect and interpret information and health history from patients.
- Achievement of required level of customer satisfaction, measured by customer feedback survey on graduation of the customer.
- Successful reduction in cardiac risk factors to within target range following coaching.
- Use the approved clinical resources to provide health information and support your decision making and that of the patients.
- Document all calls according to departmental format including citation of supporting references and notation of all topics discussed and goals/plans made.
- To demonstrate flexibility and be an active member of an innovative team, respond to increasing demands of the market place.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and work to the standards as set out by the Care Quality Commission.
- Respond to inbound telephone enquiries dealing with these in an appropriate manner ensuring that all queries are dealt with fully and in line with service key performance indicators.
- Clinical qualifications in Dietetics or Nursing
- Previous experience consulting with patients (desirable)
- Able to deal calmly and professionally at all times
- Ability to handle contact queries with confidence
- Commitment to patient empowerment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise own workload according to priorities
- Excellent verbal, non verbal and written communication skills
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.