BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse – Breast Care to join their team of staff within the Oncology Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- RGN Level 1
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Breast Care Course ‘No All’ or equivalent
- ENB N59 or similar
- Degree level qualifications or evidence of working toward this level
Duties of this role include:
- Managing the cancer and palliative care service at the Saxon Clinic
- Writing, auditing and evaluating standards of care relevant to the breast care nursing service
- Organising workload and maintaining support networks
- Assisting in the development of local policies and procedures
- Acting as patient’s advocate when appropriate
- Maintaining accurate and concise records of patient care
- Assessing cosmetic needs and ensuring provision of prostheses according to patient’s choice
- Communicating effectively with patients and families to assess needs and provide support, information, education, advice and counselling when necessary
- Administering chemotherapy drugs through established lines, central and peripheral as required
- Recognising signs/symptoms of adverse effects of chemotherapy treatments and advise patient/consultant as necessary
- Providing a service for patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy as per National Care Standard requirements
- Facilitating the teaching of breast care nursing to other healthcare professionals
- Providing patients with an in-house support group
- Demonstrating a consistently high level of care to all oncology patients and those receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.